Vanus' Scales of War
- Table Rules
- No smoking in the house.
- Don’t fiddle with your dice unless your rolling.
- Roll your attack die and your damage die at the same time.
- No distractions at the table (phones (unless there is an emergency), books,catalogs, etc.)
- Ingame Rules
Critical Hits and Critical Misses: both a critical hit and miss do double damage, the difference is a critical miss injures your character rather than your intended target.
Second Wind: Second Wind is used as a free action on your next turn after becoming bloodied.
Perception Checks: perception checks use 1d10 added to your passive perception score
Benign Saving Throws: Only a character’s end-of-turn saving throw can worsen a status effect. If a character fails a saving throw from any other source, any present status effects do not worsen.
Starting Gear: Each character gets an Adventuring Kit, a melee or ranged weapon, appropriate armor and 100gp.
Reaching Paragon and Epic Tier: Paragon Defense and Robust Defense feats are earned automatically upon reaching paragon and epic tier respectively.
Inherent Bonuses: We are running under the inherent bonus rules from the character builder.
Automatic Feats: Each PC gets a Weapon Expertise Feat and the Toughness Feat automatically.
- Just Because I Can Rules
- If the party forgets to loot the boodies, the party forgets to loot the boodies.
- If a character is turned to stone, he/she can attempt to strike a heroic pose, in order to make a better looking statue. If sold, his statue fetches 100 gp times the result of a Charisma check.
- As a last resort, you can make a God Call (each character can only do this once during the lifetime of the campaign). If you don’t have a deity, there’s a scramble for the celestial telephone and you get one at random.
Back to Home Page