Thorn Glade

Description:
Bio:

Thorn is a member of the Asubuhi pride that lives on the plains south-west of The Golden Plains, near the Brown Hills.

As the sun rises over the plains, the Asubuhi Pride is already hard at work preparing for the coming day. The young females are gathering their weapons for an early morning hunt, with the recent heat a later one would be a great risk. The elders are pondering a great conundrum that has appearing in the Pride.

One of the young females has been granted a spirit companion by the ancestors, this has never happened among the Asubuhi before. The oldest of the Pride, Hunted Dusk, has decided to send the young cub to the caves of the old ones. If she passes their test the little one shall be given a great task for her people.

As the other young females gather for the hunt Thorn finds herself in front of Hunted Dusk’s tent.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thorn is ready for the day, her new found spirit at her side giving her comfort. She raises her head toward the sun with its blazing heat already cutting through the morning’s chill.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Come inside young one, we have much to discuss you and I.” Hunted Dusk beckons you with a withered paw.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thorn follows Hunted Dusk with her spirit, abandoning her task for her elder.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“I know you must be curious about your new found power, but I don’t have the answers you seek. I know the ancestor spirits often give wisdom to those that seek out their old homes. I would like you to visit their caves and ask of them what they wish of you. The caves lie to the north in the Giantshield mountains.”

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Thank you for your guidance, elder. I shall leave for the caves soon before the heat overwhelms the land.”
Thorn bows before her, awaiting her permission to leave.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Luck be with you child”

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thorn leaves Hunted Dusk’s presence, and prepares herself for her journey toward the caves.
Not wasting time, she makes her way out of her pride’s camp.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

She reaches the mountains shortly before noon. A barely distinguishable old path leads up the slope.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

She moves up the path, her spirit by her side. She keeps her eyes attentive, and movements quiet up the slope.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As you reach the end of the path the entrance to a cave becomes apparent. The markings along the walls resemble those of your people.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

She enters the cave, grateful for the protection from the beating sun. She moves her hand over the some of the markings.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Images of large hunts cover most of the walls. Interspersed between are pictures of Pride life, the images seem to lead down one of the paths.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

She follows the path of images deeper into the cave, traveling deeper into her pride’s ancestral dwelling.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You enter a large cavern filled with a pool of boiling water. Hissing steam and gases rise to the ceiling. Islands of unstable rock are floating in the pool. You can barely discern a chest on a rock island at the far end.

As you cross the threshold the voice of your tribe’s ancestors echos through the cave.

“Choose with care the path you walk,
Great treasure you’ll obtain.
For the very word you stalk,
The path it does contain."

Lettering is seared into each rock island. It is possible only to jump from one island to an adjacent island – it is too far to leap diagonally.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz219/CaliVanus/Scales%20of%20War/Puzzle.jpg

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thorn studied the task before her, thinking of the past times and symbols her elders had taught her. Looking to her Spirit she nodded, now knowing how to get to her prey.
She jumped onto the first stone XX…

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The stone holds its place.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

She smirked, now knowing she had the correct path… XVIII – V – I – XIXXXIXVIII – V. She laughed at the ancestor’s humor, Treasure was her prey.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As you reach the chest the water behind you cools, and the ancestors’ voices once again fill the cave. “You have done well child of the plains. We were right to choose you as our vessel in this world, there is great strife coming for the People and the rest of the world. Travel to the human city, there your journey shall truly begin.”

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Thank you, ancestors. You honor me with this task.”
Thorn bows before her ancestors, then rises to take her prey.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Inside the chest is a bronze figurine of a lioness and a totem with the faces of the great beasts carved into its surface.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thorn takes the items and puts them away. She then decides that returning to her pride is unnecessary, her ancestors have given her a task and no time should be wasted. With that she began her journey towards the human city.

Thorn Glade

Vanus' Scales of War Midnight_Changeling